Museum

Smokehouse Repair

Smokehouse Repair

The Smokehouse Repair Smokehouse repair at The Tomball Museum Center was performed during the summer of 2019, due to termite damage.  The extensive termite damage was discovered in the Smokehouse.  The smokehouse, located behind the Theis House was in desperate need of repair.  In June and July 2019, a team was gathered to repair the …

Smokehouse Repair Read More »

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Sign Restoration

Thank you to Patty McGrath Jones for restoring the original lettering to the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church sign! The sign reads: Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Neudorf Dreinigkeits Congregation On Little Cypress Creek Established May 20, 1876 Welcome Neudorf, Texas

Our Name – Spring Creek County Historical Association

OUR NAME -SPRING CREEK COUNTY HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION Yes, there was a county named, Spring Creek County. On January 21, 1841, the Republic’s (Texas was not granted statehood until 1845) legislature established this new county. It consisted of parts of now Grimes, Montgomery, and Harris counties. It was so named because Spring Creek ran through its …

Our Name – Spring Creek County Historical Association Read More »