The Griffin House


Eugene Pillot, early Texas lumberman and builder, constructed this house near the Atascosito Trail, a portion of which appears to coincide with present-day Boudreaux Road, south of Tomball, Texas.  Largely through the effort of Judge George Charlton and his daughter, Magdalene, the house was established as a museum in 1969.

Ruth Griffin McCourt, daughter of Edmond Griffin, the last owner of the home, gave it to the Spring Creek County Historical Association in October, 1965, with the request that it be known as the Griffin House in memory of her father.  Most of the furnishings date from the 1800’s and were collected by Magdalene Charlton.

Image Gallery


"Friendly people. Great historical homes and history."
"A quaint area with informative plaques and interesting old buildings."
-Greg R.
"excellent museum"
-Jorge S.